- Welcome to the INNPRO.co.uk.ltd website.
Philip Sagar FIH, MTS has been delivering quality customer service all his life as a front line operator in luxury hotels and now as a consultant. Previously with Swallow Hotels (then part of the Vaux group) for 24 years where he was responsible for turning round several under performing units including the flagship of the group the 242 room Swallow Royal at Bristol. A winner of the Swallow Group Manager of the year award on two occasions and runner up 3 times. He was also South West area director for the company from 1995 to 2000 and a previous winner of the English Tourist Board's "Keep it Live Campaign".
Innpro.co.uk Ltd was founded August 2000 and clients include Business Link 4 London/ London RDA, South West RDA, Bournemouth University, Bournemouth/ Poole College and Lincolnshire Tourism amongst others. Philipwas project director for the prestigious project of a hotel school in Bournemouth from 2000 - 2006, that aims to provide a regional, national and international centre of excellence for hospitality, education and training for the South West.
Philip is also a key member of 'The Quality Counts' consortium working closely with Chris Wikeley and together with Chris was co author of the businessslink4london Quality Toolkit for Hotels and B&B’s and wrote and delivered the London business link pilot ‘Quality’ work shop for small hotels in 2004.
Together with his wife Jane he also owned and ran the 7 bedroom Rock Lodge in Stamford, Lincolnshire from 2001 -2012 that achieved a five Star rating (Guest Accommodation) and a ‘Gold’ award from Visit Britain and five star AA quality rating. Previous ‘Little Gem’ award winner from the RAC (RAC opted out of quality inspections at end of 2006).
Philip's earliest experiences of the Hotel and Licensed industry go back to his Parents Country Inn and restaurant in the 60’s and 70’s. Philip is able to empathise with proprietor/owners of all size of hotel through his vast range of experiences that include family run Country Inn and restaurant, outside catering, large international Hotels, upmarket town house and even a Football League Club!
Areas of speciality include:-
- Business management support for Hotels & Guest accommodation.
- Project management.
- New Business evaluations.
- Business turnaround advice.
- Budgeting and standardised Hotel management accounts.
- Managing change – ‘Walk the talk’.
- Quality toolkits and raising standards.
- Delivery of Quality and operational workshops for SME’s.
Previous Community Contributions:-
- Chairman of the Stamford Town Partnership CIC Ltd (2006 – 2013)
- Chairman of the Stamford Town partnership Marketing Group (2004 – 2011)
- Non Exec Director Peterborough United FC (1990 - 2003)
- South West IIP Accreditation panel member (1997 - 2000)
- Non Exec Director Bristol Tourism and Conference Bureau (1998 - 2000).
- Chairman Bristol and Bath Variety Club GB (1997 - 2001)
- Chairman Bristol Hotels Association (1998 - 2000)
- Member of the Tourism Task Force Bristol (1998 - 2000)
- Chairman of Sir Brian Mawhiney's Task Force for the creation of the Greater Peterborough Partnership (1993 - 1994)
- Chairman of Peterborough Tourism Council (1992 - 1994)
- Governor of Carlisle Technical College (1985-1987)
- Executive Member of Cumbria Tourist Board (1985 - 1987)
- A Founder Director of Carlisle's Prince's Trust ''Business in the Community".